Friday, July 27, 2007

What is this all about?

Who has a blog entitled "Forgiveness?" Well, I do for the time being. I was having a bit of a personal reflection crisis a few days back, and I realized I couldn't forgive myself for certain things. I know God would forgive me, and other people might do it too, but for the time being, I couldn't just let go what I had done.

I thought to myself about it, and I can't remember all that I was thinking about, but I do remember wondering if other people feel the same way. So in my little computer nerd mind, the best idea I had was to make a blog. About forgiveness.

Really, I hadn't given the idea much thought past that. What would I do with this blog? Would I be forgiving myself of something in every entry? Would other people submit things they're sorry about? How often would I be able to write in here?

These are all things I still must figure out, but I really just felt that people need to feel forgiven. People need to forgive. There's too many grudges and too much bad blood between people in the world. Hell, most of the fighting in the Gaza strip seems to me to be getting to the point of "Well, somebody bombed us, so we should go bomb some of them." Both sides are too hard-headed or too angry to actually talk to the other side and try to work out peace. Nobody wants to die. All we need is a bit of forgiveness and understanding.

Somehow this "I don't know what I'm doing" post actually got somewhat of a purpose. Will I be able to be this lucky every day? I doubt it. I need to work out some ideas. So, I would like to apologize to you, my audience, because I have no idea what I am doing. I hope you can forgive me.

No comments: