Sunday, October 7, 2007

When Forgiveness gets you in trouble

So on Sunday night into early Monday morning, I was a bit... out of it. And in this "state," I made some phone calls, and I wanted to call a girl I knew, but I didn't want to wake her up, because it was like, four in the morning. So instead, I texted her.

The next day, I forgot all about the text, and this girl kept looking over at me while she sang at the front of the room as part of our music part of our Catholic club. I was kind of confused/suspicious, but she's a pretty girl, and she's really cool, so I was fine with the attention.

Then, Tuesday afternoon, I discovered the text message I had forgotten about. It really wasn't a bad text message at all, I just told her that she was awesome, and I respect her as a person and that she should keep living the way that she is. And I used perfect spelling and grammar. Relatively speaking, I'm a really nice guy when I'm in this state. So I figured that was why she had been acting the way she had.

I had a board meeting with her for our pro-life club on Wednesday, and it was still kind of awkward, so late Thursday night/early Friday morning I wrote her a facebook message, apologizing for potentially waking her up and for the awkwardness of texting her while in that "state." My guilty conscience just kept bugging me too much.

Friday afternoon, I got a reply from her. Apparently, her phone doesn't get text messages, but she said if I really needed to talk that I could call her at any time. Oh, and she wanted to know what the message said. I figured it would be better to tell her the truth than to have her imagine some kind of idiotic or perverted message, and since then, I haven't gotten a reply back.

Tsk, tsk, if my conscience just left well enough alone, I would have been out of this mess scot-free.

No comments: