Monday, September 10, 2007

How Am I Not Myself? #2

I totally realized yesterday that I had been forgetting about these. I really liked the idea, and I feel kind of bad that I let such a nifty idea slip out of my mind. Anyways, on to the real entry.

I have a friend who went through some very traumatic situations a few years back. I helped this friend through a lot of these problems. I feel very strongly about these sort of things that my friend was thrown into.

Very rarely do I go a week, or most of the time even a day, without part of what I learned from my friend cropping up somehow in my life. It makes it hard to forget my friend. It makes it hard to forget what my friend went through.

However, sometimes I do forget. I forget in a bad way. Worse, sometimes I just choose to ignore the pain my friend experienced. What I sometimes let myself do is just a big "screw you" to my friend.

Very rarely do I ever hate myself, but the times that I feel that way, it's usually when I've chosen to forget about my friend.

How am I not myself?

I am not myself when I forget the pain of my friends.

No comments: