Saturday, September 8, 2007

Under the influence

Right now, I'm still sort of getting rid of a bit of tipsiness. My fingers feel a bit weird as I'm typing this out, like the letters on the screen are appearing faster than they should.

As a person of strong resistance to alcohol, I rather had to hit myself hard to get into this state. By hitting myself hard, I mean I took six shots of vodka in a row, in less than a minute, and a shot of Southern Comfort later. It left my stomach feeling a bit weird, but once it calmed down, I was good.

It's funny the things that you'll do when you're not as much in control of yourself. We were planning on going to a toga party, but we went to a dance party some members of a Catholic club on campus were hosting. The other members of my group got bored and left, but I stayed. Dancing is fun. Who needs to get drunk and try to pick up girls? Techno music and dancing with no inhibitions is where the real fun is at. I'm glad I didn't leave.

At some point, I went into their kitchen to get a drink, and I decided to make a message out of the magnets they had on their fridge. You know the magnets I'm talking about, those little white ones with words and suffixes on them? Over what seemed like a very long time of searching and deliberating, probably made long by my slightly handicapped state, I finally made my message. I sent it in a text message to myself, so I wouldn't forget it. It said:

Together we give honest friendship. Share the heart. Smile, believe, trust your companions.

Really, in a perfect world, it would be difficult to find truer words.

1 comment: