Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just FYI

I am a one-armed god of programming (metaphorically speaking, of course). Technically, it was more like one-handed with a thumb, but still. Last night my hands got scratched up, and I bandaged them, but it became that everything but my thumb on my left hand is stuck in a clenched position so as not to crack open my wounds (which is not good), and the ring finger on my right hand as well.

This morning, I had my first computer science test of the semester. I was really worried about it. There was a written part, then a programming part. I got around 18/20 on the written part, I'd guess, and I was one of the first people to hand that section in.

When I got to the programming section, I was pretty nervous, but it seemed like I finished the entire program with half an hour to spare. I was confused. Only one other person had finished, and he had only given back his sheet a few seconds before I finished writing my code. I took an extra five minutes just to make sure I had everything that was asked of me. Amazingly enough, I did. So I handed in my paper, and was the second person finished. I beat like, 95% of my class to finishing, and I only had about four fingers to type with (I don't really use my pinkies).

Maybe I might have a future in computer science after all. Thank you God for gifting me and helping me out. I definitely had some help, because there was a word bank that I was not expecting and that totally saved me in the writing section.

No comments: