Thursday, September 6, 2007

Jesus saves us... from unexpected things.

So the other day, I went to the first meeting of the semester of the anime club. I hadn't been there in about 8 months, considering last semester I worked during the meeting time, but I got to go and chill out and watch anime. Yes, I know, I'm a nerd.

Isn't it just so cool how people think up these crazy ideas? I mean, I would love to be able to do the stuff people do in animes. Give me control over paper to make it into creatures and bows and arrows and stuff? I'm game. Lightning-fast samurai skills? Sign me up.

I was sitting next to a guy that I had just met, and he was new up at this campus. I felt like I had helped him feel comfortable, and able to relax more and have a good time. Whenever I think about meeting new people and making them feel like they're in a group of friends they just haven't seen since before they were born, it makes me think about doing the good work of Jesus.

Suddenly, an amazing idea hit me! Wouldn't it be awesome if Jesus did stuff like in the animes? I want Jesus to be some badass warrior who slices and dices vampires in a post-nuclear, post apocalyptic end time. I want the Knights Templar to be revived as a mercenary organization that searches for ancient relics, all while shooting up zombies and werewolves and stopping demons from taking over the world.

...

What's that you say silent shouter? You say these sort of things already exist? You say that Jesus fights vampires and Mass just becomes watching Jesus whoop ass on a big screen TV? You're telling me that the Knights Templar really do become a group of holy mercenaries, and they also have to deal with bombs fueled by the powers of Hell?


I didn't believe the silent shouter either, but I checked out his sources, and they're legit. This is some awesome religious comic-bookery. If you're ever bored and want to be entertained by some awesomeness that is good for your soul (well, maybe all the blood and violence isn't, but, eh), check out those comics. You may have some trouble finding Loaded Bible, because you'd have to buy it someplace like here. Or download it illegally. Not that I'm encouraging that.

No comments: