Thursday, August 2, 2007

Forming New Habits

I was reading something about getting into the habit of exercising, and it said to never go two days without doing something that you're trying to make a habit. One day every now and then is easy to miss, and okay, but once you miss two days in a row, it's so easy to blow off doing something the next day. And as a new blog, this is the third day since I last put something up.

I think there's a lot of truth to that statement, because I kept thinking about making this blog post tonight, then never getting around to it. So now here I am writing it but I have writer's block. Okay, so I'm lying a bit, but I want this to be a short entry.

Maybe there is some kind of habit I can try to take up that will help me be more forgiving to people. Oh yeah, I just realized, those are called "virtues" and someone already invented them. I need to come up with something different.

I'm in a bit of a bad mood right now. My body is just not working the way I want it to. I think it's getting close to the point of where I can be diagnosed as having "hypersomnia," which is also known as excessive daytime sleepiness. I want to sleep all the time, and it's like, never enough for my body.

But here I am, up late, and I work in the morning! Well, to get rid of my angstiness, I found a snarky forgiveness quote. Just one more reason to love your enemies.

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." ~Oscar Wilde

Really not the best quote for a serious forgiveness blog, but what can you expect from me at a time like this?

2 comments:

Amanda R said...

Sorry about 'moving into' you're blog but you're just excitingly orginal.

It really is hard to continue if you miss two days. I tried to start a thing where i exercised everyday for at least half an hour and i took three days off...i haven't started again since.

Mary Jane (loves Spiderman) said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Writers block sucks, and as a writer I do experience that a lot, so I feel your pain. There are no real original ideas to continue to write about...so it gets monotonous even though we continue writing words on a paper (or type words on a computer).

And I can also feel for your sleeping issue. Most of the time, no matter how much sleep I get, I am never rested enough. I could sleep 12 hours a day and still be ridiculously exhausted.