Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Half-truths and honesty

A few posts back, I mentioned about myself telling half-truths, and in the comments, I and a new friend discussed me holding back the truth. You can see it here: One of the Problems I Have

The last post I wrote, someone praised me for my honesty.

However, the last post I wrote was originally quite a bit longer than what is currently up there. I had looked at what I had written, and just as with my friend that I had been untruthful with, I said "They don't need to know that," and I deleted it. This time I didn't even have the excuse of wanting to protect someone from being hurt. I just wanted to save face and not look worse in other people's eyes. So now you'll get to hear the rest of the story, because a half-truth is also half-lie.

There is a reason why I specifically started with that way that I am not myself. I wrote how there was something I had regretted doing earlier this week, and that thing that I did was taking advantage of a friend's feelings for me. It was after we had watched I Heart Huckabees as well, which was yet another reason why I wanted to start with that first way I am not myself.

So, I'm sorry for not being honest with you all before. I pray that I will do better in the future.

1 comment:

Amanda R said...

We are proud of you anyway john