Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's late and I'm scared

Right now it just recently turned 3:00 in the morning, and I am pretty freaked out right now. I started reading a scary book today, and I didn't exactly behave in the best manner tonight, not at all. So what with it being this bad hour and all of that, I'm a little scared. My house also makes funny noises at night, and half the time it sounds like people talking or walking around when I'm in the kitchen or the bathroom or some other place where I could be easily snuck up on.

I said an Our Father and some other prayers, but the Our Father says "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." I thought of someone that I still haven't fully forgiven for something, and it made me think that I had to forgive him before I could be forgiven. But the only reason I wanted to forgive him just then was because I was so scared for myself. I don't think that can count as a real pardon.

So now I'm going to take a shower and try to get to sleep in a decent amount of time. I have to wake up for mass tomorrow, and I've got some sins to be thinking of during that forgiveness of sins part and after I get communion, so I really shouldn't be falling asleep in mass.

3 comments:

Mary Jane (loves Spiderman) said...

None of us should be falling asleep in Mass, but enough people do it at my church to make me think it's not so bad.

John said...

Yeah, I've actually got several... interesting stories about when I fell asleep in mass. These times were definitely... pretty bad, haha.

Amanda R said...

...*feels left out* i don't go to church...anymore....